Iowa Title Company - Scott County Recorder Guidelines
Iowa Title works very closely with our elected officials in
the Recorderís, Treasurerís, Auditorís, Assessorís, and Clerk of
All filing documents that are received and reviewed by Iowa
Title are presented to the Scott County Recorder by 4:00 P.M.
each day. Because of the time needed to review these documents,
all filings must be in our no later than noon. A call will be
made to the customer with recording information if requested.
Scott County public offices are open from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
The Recorderís Office now requires:
- Paper: White, not less than 20 pound weight, without
watermarks or other visible inclusions. Should not be larger than 8.5X14
or smaller than 8.5X11.
- Top Margin: At least 3 inches across the top of the
- Printing: One side only.
- Text: At least 8 point for pre-printed, at least 10 point for
filled in information, legible and reproducible
- Signatures: Black or Dark blue ink - names typed,
printed or stamped beneath signatures. All signatures must be
- Corrections: Documents should not contain any white out or
correction fluid. If there is a correction to make, the preparer of the
document should draw a line through the mistake and initial it.
- Name, address and phone number of preparer.
- Name of taxpayer and complete address
- Return address
- Title of Document
- Grantor's Name - Grantee's Name
- Any address required by statute
- Legal description - Parcel identification number if
- If the space on the first page doesn't allow for the
necessary information, the page where it is located must be
- To record a deed, change of title, or contract, the fee is $12
for the first page. Each additional page is $5. For deeds, there
is also a $5 transfer fee for each separate parcel of real estate
- Any other document is $7 for the first page, and $5 for each
- Releases and assignments that have more than one book and page
being assigned or released will need to add an additional $7 per
book and page.
- Any page longer than 14 inches and any attached pieces will be
considered an additional page.
- Documents that do not meet the requirements may be charged an
additional $10 per instrument.
- Contact your recorderís office for instructions and fees to
record plat proceedings.