Iowa Title Company - Linn County Recorder Guidelines
Iowa Title works very closely with our elected officials in
the Recorderís, Treasurerís, Auditorís, Assessorís, and Clerk of
The Recorderís Office now requires:
- Paper: White, not less than 20 pound weight, without
watermarks or other visible inclusions.
- Top Margin: At least 3 inches across the top of the
- Text: At least 8 point, legible and reproducible
- Signatures: Black or Dark blue ink - names typed,
printed or stamped beneath signatures.
- Name, address and phone number of preparer.
- Name of taxpayer and complete address
- Return address
- Title of Document
- Grantor's Name - Grantee's Name
- Any address required by statute
- Legal description - Parcel identification number if
- If the space on the first page doesn't allow for the
necessary information, the page where it is located must be
Linn County public offices are open from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30
P.M. All filings will be picked up and filed the following day.